There is so much going on – the resistance is active and engaged! I’m going to list a bunch of different things you might do today – bite off what you can chew, we don’t want anybody burning out. This is a marathon not a sprint!
1) If you have pictures showing the crowd from Saturday’s ATX or SA town halls and are on twitter, then make sure to tweet them out and tag @LamarSmithTX21
2) If you have one of the Lamar Smith missing signs or see one out, grab a picture and tweet it – tag @LamarSmithTX21, @KXAN_NEWS, @KVUE, @JTiloveTX, and @maddow . Let’s get some media attention on those!
3) There are a bunch of issues coming up this week. It is fine to make multiple requests in a single call. (See the bottom of this post for phone numbers)
– MOST IMPORTANT: Tomorrow morning the House Judiciary Committee votes on a resolution (H. Res 111) requiring Attorney General Jeff Sessions to release documents related to corruption by Trump or his cronies, including ties to foreign governments. Lamar Smith is on this committee, please call and ask him to a) co-sponsor the bill, and b) vote FOR it.
– If you haven’t asked Lamar Smith, Ted Cruz, and John Cornyn to oppose ACA repeal then please do so now.
– The Senate will be voting on Seema Verma to lead the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services. This is the kind of appointment that largely flies under the radar but can have a huge impact on the lives of many people. Vera, for examples, opposes mandating maternity coverage in insurance plans. Call Cruz and Cornyn and ask them to oppose this extreme nominee. You can find more information here – https://goo.gl/LyTyMM
We have office visits every Tuesday in San Antonio, with a breakfast meeting at Jim’s beforehand. In Kerrville we have daily visits to Smith’s office, with large groups meeting for breakfast and visiting on Tuesdays. In Austin we have small groups visiting Lamar Smith’s office daily. If you’re interested in one of those visits, contact us at email@example.com and let us know!
Cruz – DC: (202) 224-5922
Austin: (512) 916-5834
San Antonio: 210-340-2885
Cornyn – DC: (202) 224-2934
Austin: (512) 469-6034
San Antonio: 210-224-7485
Houston: (713) 572-3337
Smith – DC: 202-225-4236
San Antonio: 210-821-5024